View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: California version of TV?

Ron,

As I mentioned in a previous post my family owns a condo in the Walnut Creek, CA Rossmore but none of us wants to live there so it's rented to a family friend. We play golf there 'cuz it's cheap when visiting my parents in the East Bay. Even my 81 year old mother refuses to live there saying, "why :dontknow: would I want to hang around a bunch of old fogeys"; she just sneers when I point out that she too could be considered an old fogey and then I duck.

At some point when my parents who are both 81 get tired of going up and down all the stairs in their hillside split ranch we will build them a smaller, single floor or 2 floor w/elevator house at the top of the lot and we will occupy the ranch house but in all honesty I don't really see us spending that much time there. I felt differently about it before I had "experienced" TV; up until then we had planned to retire in CA but I much prefer TV.