Thread: Lower Sales
View Single Post

Old 02-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Regarding the HVAC, I think they could have done better for a small incremental cost. They could have installed air handlers with variable speed fans - next Carrier model up - and they could have used hard ducts instead of flex ducts. Also, they could have used roof sheathing with a built in radiant barrier - small incremental cost. They installed a builder grade hot water heater. For a small incremental cost they could have installed a Marathon water heater, which will last much longer. There is nothing wrong with what they did but for small incremental costs they could have done much better in a number of areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I have an engineering degree and have owned many homes over the years. I have also supervised the building of commercial structures. The concrete and stucco home I bought here is very good construction. It appears the builders have learned how to build a good home for the climate and area. I felt I got a very well built home at a good price which is why I bought. I was especially impressed with the HVAC and hot water setup. The only complaint is not enough switched outlets in the bedrooms! I think some people have a very negative attitude and should take it back to the Northeast. Btw, it is rented next year already for a very nice price.