View Single Post

Old 02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

for others who may be interested in the outcome of my pursuit of medicare or not regarding Dr. Ronzo and Dr. Bono and the BioSpine Institute.

I just talked to a representaitve of Dr. Bono regarding where surgeries are done and what is covered by medicare or not.

Until recently they have been sheduling their surgeries at Oak Hill hospital and everything done there was/is covered by medicare.

They have notified Oak Hill they are no longer performing there effective sometime in March which is how far out they are booked.

The new facility is BioSpine where all future surgeries will be done. Dr. Bono is a medicare approved surgeon and his fees will be paid. The facility is not (yet) medicare approved and has to be paid by the patient.

And as stated in my original post Dr. Bono said it would run around $13,000 for a lumbar laminectomy.

I was also told they are hopeful to be an approved facility by year end....but did not know for sure.

So yes there are some who have had surgery by these docs that was paid for by medicare. And no it will not be paid for any done at their new facility BioSpine.

For a point a interest Ronzo and Bono are the top two surgeons in the USA in the number of non invasive surgeries performed. They are in the top 5 in the USA for outcome.