View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Are registered vehicles allowed on the cart paths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLICKB
I don't know if any Village Supervisors go to this site but it would be good to hear the official line. I am not sure if the Florida statutes apply to the Village Multi-Modal Pathways which are not "County Roads" ? It would certainly seem that if a street legal golf carts are allowed on cart paths then other street legal machines might also be allowed --- but which types?
There are many statements posted of what law officials can do to drivers of illegally operated golf carts but the practicallity of enforcing seems very difficult and so we are going to see frequent violations. I kept up with a "standard" electric cart down Belvedere last week at 29 - 30 mph (validated with my GPS) and what reason is there to believe that this speed would not be maintained wherever possible. Truth be known many might be a little envious ?
The laws do look awful murky but that often seems to be the case with out-of-the ordinary things like a community like the Villages with so many golf carts and golf trails.