Thread: Fads
View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Fads

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Oh, there were a couple of girls who tied them under their chins but they were the freaks and losers. Just not a California thing. I do remember one girl doing that once -- she was quickly clued in that we didn't THAT here. She'd just moved from either Springfield or Chicago area, can't remember which. So, it may have been a Midwest thang.
RW,

NO-O-O-O-O-O.

I am a Midwest girl, only farther south than Chicago.

I was trying to figure out what the Chicago girls on here were talking about with that tied on the chin thing. Being a Midwesterner, I was too polite to say, "What the :edit:?"

Nobody in my town did that. And we were a lot closer to Chicago than California. I guess we must have wished we all could be California girls.

Of course, we were busy being freaks in our own way. When we were not creating those big messes on those class rings, we were polishing white tennis shoes (Keds I think) with white shoe polish and wearing them with stockings. I think we thought it made our legs look so much better than they did in socks. But why we picked tennis shoes I will never know. Nobody played tennis.

Who would have thought that a discussion of babushkas could be so much fun. I was telling Mr. BB about this and he had no idea what I was talking about so I had to try to demonstrate by using a towel. I still don't think he gets it.