View Single Post

Old 02-19-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
When I am appointed King of North America, I will decree that the incorrect use of the word "sucks" is eliminated. Low, offensive and another example of the acceptance of the 'dumbing down of America' by those who should know better.

I do not know what your chances are of becoming King of North America, but just in case, I thought I would try to garner favor by letting you know that you are not alone in your opinion stated above.

For 40 years, Lake Superior State University has published a list of words that should be banished.

The word you are talking about here is on the list. That's the good news.

But. . .the bad news is (sigh) the word appeared on the list in 1995. So LSSU is having no success with the banishment.

If you look at the link, you can find the latest list and individual years with details. I must warn you though that looking at the complete list is like watching your life pass before your eyes.

Well, enough from me with my interruption of this fascinating thread. (Perhaps I will be banished.)

But before I go, Your Potential Majesty, I will leave you with the link to the list. I think you might think it is fun to see. -- Or you might send me off to the tower.

Lake Superior State University :: Banished Words List :: Complete List

Such-A-Sycophant Laurie