View Single Post

Old 02-19-2015, 05:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Herein lies the problem with our current political climate. Assuming this person is serious and not just a troll, he/she shows absolutely no respect for or understanding of, the other side. He/she will probably answer that that is because they deserve no respect, which is ridiculous. The truth is many if not most liberals and moderates don't expect a handout from anyone, while many so-called conservatives take advantage of every handout available. Warren Buffet is considered a left leaning moderate and is not exactly looking to get ADA or food stamps. Most liberals are people who don't think they have all the answers, but realize that some people are not able for whatever reason, to make it, at least temporarily, without help. They generally realize that there are a small percentage who game the system at BOTH ends of the economic scale, but that doesn't mean that the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater. They generally think that abortion is abhorrent, but that they should not make that decision for everyone else. They generally believe that gun ownership should be protected, but that they should not be available through shows and individuals without background checks, and that open carry should be regulated. Most are not gay, and would prefer their family members were not, but accept that some people are gay, and deserve to live their lives without harassment or interference. Many are successful and pay lots of taxes, but understand that is the price they pay to have the kinds of infrastructure and services we have in this country. Some liberals are mentally ill as are some conservatives, but to think that liberalism is a mental illness is so offensive and so arrogantly ignorant that I find it hard to believe that it was not posted by a troll.
While much of what you say I can agree with, when you make such generalizations, you step out the line in my opinion.

People are people. My problem is, first of all, on this TOTV board, the liberal folks just slam at people on a personal level and respect nobody. They think that any criticism of the President, the most criticized position in the world no matter who is in that chair, is some sort of personal racist rant. They appear, and I know it is not true of all liberals on TOTV, but those that post do not seem to know anything about what is going on and are in the automatic mode of name calling no matter what.

Outside of TOTV, there are a lot of great liberals, equal to the great conservatives. Right now, on both sides there is much too much of the radical. The President is and always has been radical and I think he is proud of that. Our country is NOT radical to either side thus our divide.

I think such general comments such as you make are not fair to anyone. I am a conservative Republican and care about other people...am not a racist in anyway...am not selfish. I think that applies to most conservatives and liberals.

TOTV, at least those that post will never support intelligent and open political debate or conversation on issues until those who are posting now with the small uninformed glib comments are either thrown off the board or somehow find the light to get enlightened...NOT CHANGE PARTIES....NOT EVEN CHANGE HOW THEY FEEL, but stop the constant and ongoind personal slams,the constant referall to polls and the like. If they would simply read and find where there is agreement or disagreement and post that it would be great, but this constant school yard crap is just old...real old.