View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Default Re: For members who haven't posted.

I have been on this site for about 6 months as a guest - never have registered. I just registered because I felt that I needed to answer this question. This will probably be my one and only post since I will probably not be a welcome participant after you read this.

The reasons I have not bothered to register and/or post are numerous...

I find that there are maybe a dozen people who think that this forum is for their own private use. I will call them "the circle of few". When people ask a legitimate question and it gets bogged down by banter back and forth from "the circle of few", it becomes wasted time. (it's like high school with the private jokes)

Village discussions about trips to South America have nothing to do with everyday village life and should be under the correct heading (non village discussions). I am sure that out of the over 3000 or more users on this site, there are many who have been or are currently on trips and if everyone chose to keep us informed, it may as well be an official travel site. These should be non village or chat room discussions. How many of you knew about this South America trip anyway...I would bet not many unless you are in the circle of few.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I am sure that out of the more than 3000 registered users and guests on this site that a few have had deaths in their families. This forum should not be used as a condolence site. Can't speak for anyone else, but you almost felt obligated to post a condolence. (again, if the death in the family had not been from one of the circle of few, it would have never have been on the site).

Blogs and chat rooms are for private discussions. TOTV should be for legitimate discussions that pertain to the majority, not banter that only a few will understand.

There is and has been so much good advise on this site that has helped me, but again I would never post because in a strange way, it feels like high school all over again...the shy ones sit back and take it in while the popular ones dominate to the point where you feel foolish to participate.

I could go on, but I think I have made my point.

Adios Amigos...