View Single Post

Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I agree that Obama does not come across as the warmest of people and that he appears to be more aloof than people like Clinton but perhaps we should recall that immediately after the election Mitch McConnell and the republican party made their number one priority to make sure that President Obama would not be reelected. At a time when our financial systems were collapsing and millions on main street were losing their jobs, all the republicans wanted to do was to insure that he would be a one term president. Despite that, President Obama selected people from both parties to serve in his cabinet and tried to meet in the middle. Every effort was rebuffed simply because the right wanted him out of office.
You make some points, and I have a time crunch to respond, but I have said this a numer of times on this forum.

To me, the single largest issue was the Affordable Care Act. Never, in my long life have I ever seen a President and congress in tandem step on anyone and everything publicly and twist and contort senate rules and go behind close doors to pass a law while, and I will get you exact quotes tomorrow, mocking the Republican Party. This was in early 2010, and in my opinion after the payoffs, and mocking crushed any chance of cooperation.

McConnell made his comment NOT at or after the election but in 2010 after the Obama care disaster. Trust me, that law will be tainted forever,not 100% because of what is in it, but because of the unprecedented manner it was put through congress