View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Founder
Default Re: For members who haven't posted.

For more years that I care to remember, I was the host of radio and television talk shows. This forum and its issues are so close to those of a talk show that it is frightening. We always had "regular" callers (every day). We felt that if they were "on" too much, it would discourage others from calling and participating. So, we would make a rule, "Call only once a week." Then, the next day would come and there would be no calls. Without calls....no program. Then we would silently pray for the regulars to call.

It is a very sound discussion. There are those who enjoy and use this forum everyday, several times a day. There are those who will visit and read the posts, and never, not once, ever post anything. Some will feel like outsiders. The regulars, meanwhile, are always eager to have more people posting along with them.

The only thing we can do as administrators is encourage new members to begin posting to broaden the circle of regulars or semi regulars.

Everybody is welcome here. In our radio talk show endeavors, the experts tell us that only about 10% of the people will ever call and participate. 90% will only listen. I suspect those same numbers hold true on this forum and others like it.