View Single Post

Old 02-20-2015, 11:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Here is the problem with what you say.

NOTHING of the sort was said "at Obama's inauguration" of the sort.

The infamous comment was made by Sen McConnell in 2010 AFTER the Affordable Care Act was passed. And it was made on the eve of the mid term election.

"NJ: What’s the job?
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

"When seen in full context, McConnell’s quote is not really as shocking as the snippet that is frequently repeated by Democrats."

When did McConnell say he wanted to make Obama a ‘one-term president’? - The Washington Post

This link also provides the full context of the remarks.

I have stated many times on here as to what happened and it ALL had to do with the passing of Obamacare, NOT the details in it, but the method used to pass it, Ie. disrupting the US Senate rules that had never been done, paying off to get votes even with the rule changes (see LA as a clear and public example), the public mocking of the other party all during the process and attempts to embarass that party.

The contest also has the FULL response...

" If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him."

The comment alluded to is a long standing political campaign ad type thing and I really thought that by now, everyone was aware of the context and the totally improper use of the quote.

Thus, we need civility to discuss, but we ALSO should make sure we are using facts in those discussions. I honestly can say that I have learned alot by reading on the old political forum and if you want to actually discuss, please make sure of your facts.
Facts?

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

Not a Sharpton fan, but Newt corroborates:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0fVf5CsCc