View Single Post

Old 02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
n/a

Default President Hosting Muslim Meals, Mentions "Christian" terrorist

From the White House a direct transcription of an interview with an Arab media source.

"THE PRESIDENT Well, first of all, I believe in an almighty God, and I believe that all the world, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God. That's what I believe. I believe that Islam is a great religion that preaches peace. And I believe people who murder the innocent to achieve political objectives aren't religious people, whether they be a Christian who does that -- we had a person blow up our -- blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City who professed to be a Christian, but that's not a Christian act to kill innocent people.

Q Exactly.

THE PRESIDENT: And I just simply don't subscribe to the idea that murdering innocent men, women and children -- particularly Muslim men, women and children in the Middle East -- is an act of somebody who is a religious person.

We are having an Iftaar dinner tonight -- I say, "we" -- it's my wife and I. (We have had one every year) I've been the President. It gives me a chance to say "Ramadan Mubarak." The reason I do this is I want people to understand about my country. In other words, I hope this message gets out of America. I want people to understand that one of the great freedoms in America is the right for people to worship any way they see fit. If you're a Muslim, an agnostic, a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, you're equally American.

I want American citizens to see me hosting an Iftaar dinner.
"

My bolds to highlight the words and phrases Obama always seems to use. Note in listing faiths at the end that the President mentions Muslim and agnostic before he even gets to mentioning Christian.

Interview of the President by Al Arabiya