View Single Post

Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
The one thing that still surprises and disappoints me here is the lack of courtesy to pedestrians in the shopping center parking lots.

News Flash!!! A pedestrian has the RIGHT OF WAY!

I can't count the number of times I have watched drivers (both cars and carts) fail to yield to the little old lady carrying groceries. Even in the rain. It is the same "me first" mentality mentioned above.

A little kindness goes a long way. So what if you have to stop a couple of times before you reach the end of the parking lot. It is not a race!! A little consideration goes a long way in making life less frustrating for all.

OK! I'll get off my soap box. I just had to vent! Whew...I feel better...Thanks!
Dotti105, I know pedestrians have the right of way, but there are a lot of IDIOT DRIVERS everywhere (not just in TV) that don't. I will not walk out in front of a vehicle anymore since I nearly got rolled up on a hood of a car in front of our local grocery store in KC last September. I'm now like a cart crossing the street at a gate and a driver waving me on - not gonna do it.