View Single Post

Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Reminds me of a recent incident at Publix in Colony. Waited online to get some fresh fish and was the next to be served. Woman cut in front of me and was about to ask for her order. I said "excuse me but there's a line". She replied "I only want a few fillets". To which I replied "and I only want a half a pound of shrimp - get on line". She moved but was highly annoyed. The man behind me was hysterical and said he couldn't believe the behavior of many Villagers. Some are truly obnoxious.
I had an equally funny experience at Colony Publix. I was in the bakery and I walked up with a 6 pack of hamburger buns and ask the lady behind the counter to just give me 2 from the package and when I turned around I realized that there were 2 men waiting. I appologized and said, "Oh, these gentlemen were ahead of me." To which the bakery clerk said that they had already been waited on. I stepped back to wait for her to repackage my buns when one of the men waiting for his order said, "I know you aren't from Brooklyn!" I chuckled and said, "No I'm not." A few seconds lapsed and I asked him where he was from. He replied, "Brooklyn". So it must be true. There are rude people everywhere and they all visit The Villages