View Single Post

Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: For members who haven't posted.

I feel it is very important for me to respond to this series of posts on this subject at hand, but first, I have to explain that I used the term "he" for I am not sure if mak is a he or a she, but I certainly don't mean to offend either gender:
  • A person lurks about on a forum, never submitting anything or taking time to submit anything toward contributing to its success or partaking in any informative threads and doesn't register until 1 hour before issuing his first post
  • His first post, oddly enough, is to lambaste those contributors who he calls the "circle of few” who have spent many hours contributing and enjoying our website
  • He also throws a “guilt trip” on us because we will not want him to return to our website after we read his attack (? Not return? This was his only contribution?? Why would we want him?)
  • Then he has the “utter gall” to attack our contributions as “wasted time,” berating us for acting like “high schoolers?” By whose opinion, might I ask?
  • And because he does not contribute and is not a member of the forum, he is unaware of a trip that a member is taking and that we are all very interested in the travel updates from that member, but, according to him, it is unimportant banter, (who is he to judge?).
  • Most importantly, to use the example of our expressing our condolences to a much loved, much respected, high-performing member of our forum as not being necessary except that this member is part of the "circle of few" was sheer chutzpah! Sir/Madam, we did not nor did we expect you to extend your condolences, nor do we care if you did or didn't! You might think you are God, but you are only suffering from the "God syndrome"
  • And, in conclusion, as another highly respected member of our forum mentioned above, please, do not move next door to him or any of us. We don't want you.

And, as you can see from the majority of the posts from true members of TOTV both new and seasoned, you can really get a sense of the people of TV from the non-TV discussions and the love and generosity, giving and caring that we all have for each other.

And to quote our new friend, JohnnyM, a simple thank you would have gone a lot further. Now, if you have any :edit: perhaps you will return to post your thoughts on this subject.

KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....