View Single Post

Old 01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE "MAGICJACK" PHONE?

I thought if you turn your computer off then calls automatically go to voicemail? I don't see that as a problem. Half the time the call is coming from someone I don't want to talk to at that particular moment anyway lol. There is at least one computer on in our house (during waking hours). I will be extremely interested to hear how it works out for everyone over time.

l2ridehd, I definitely like your idea of using the old laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd
I have an older laptop that I am not using so I plan to update it to xp, connect direct to the modem and set it up for the phone base unit then use remote phones elsewhere. That way I can leave it on 24X7. I will not eliminate my phone service yet, however I will drop it down to just basic service and use this for all long distance calling. I bought the MJ plus one year of service and so far it was a very worthwhile purchase. I am also going to buy the smallest landline phone I can find and use the MJ when I travel with the laptop. Still need to work out if I can move it system to system, but I believe I can. This should drop the current phone bill from about $60 a month to about $20 a month.