Thread: Act of kindness
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I have done this. We were at Cotillions in Wildwood for lunch and the place was full. My wife and I were sitting a four person table when we noticed a mother and daughter waiting to be seated. We told them to join us. We found out that they were celebrating the daughters 21st birthday with a day out with just mom and daughter. They were so appreciative of us asking them to sit with us that when I went to the register to pay my bill I also paid their bill. I never said anything to them as I left a tip large enough for both checks and left. My wife was very pleased and I felt great. I am not looking for accolades I tell you this story to encourage more people to do the same. If you see someone who looks like they are celebrating a special occasion or who may appear to need help paying why not anonymously help them out. You will feel really great.
Nice story MikeV. I too have done similar things in the past and the feeling of making someones day is priceless. You could not have put this cost of kindness to better use.