View Single Post

Old 02-23-2015, 02:39 AM

I am sure my post will sound negative, but it is intended to give you help when you make your decision. I have had 2 friends who decided after about 5 or 6 months that they needed to move back home. They loved the Villages, but they were very close to their families, and felt like they had to go home. They had made several trips back to see family during the time they were here, and their grandkids had come to visit 1 at a time, so it wasn't that they never got to see the family. But they realized that they missed the every day activities, and milestones that the kids had. They missed going to watch their g-kids playing sports, and birthday parties, and just watching the kids grow up in general. They missed the kids Trick or Treat, church activities, etc. It just depends on how much you currently see your g=kids now. One thing to remember is that while kids are welcome here, each child is only allowed to spend 30 days a year here. I only mention all of these things, because I know what my friends went through.