View Single Post

Old 02-24-2015, 08:34 AM

VP, I am asking you nicely. Please stop it.

What you do for yourself is your business. I am not here to tell you to have a colonoscopy. I am here to ask you to stop this harangue.

A colonoscopy, like so many things medical, is a risk vs. benefit decision. Statistics are overwhelmingly on the side of benefit for colonoscopies.

I hope when you come in here with your highly questionable "medical" sources that you are not harming someone else.

The reason I say that is because having a colonoscopy is not anybody's idea of a good time. Sometimes it can be way too easy to put off making that appointment. So I sure hope someone whose life could be saved does not pick up on this stuff you say and use it as an excuse not to have a colonoscopy that could find cancer and give them their life back. (When there is something that we do not want to do, we human beings can be masters of rationalization.)

But I really do think that what you have said here probably has reminded a few of us to make that appointment. -- Not the goal you had in mind. I know. But on the outside chance that somebody who needs a colonoscopy is buying in with you, well. . .I just hope that is not happening.

I know you will not stop, VP. But I just had to get into this one. (But I refuse to engage any further so please don't think I am flinging down the gauntlet.)

My dad's life was saved by a colonoscopy. That evil cancer was caught very, very early.