View Single Post

Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I learned a different psychology a long time ago than that which is being taught now. We learned we could change just about any behavior with modification and training and therapy. Now it is believed that some behavior can be changed if you deal with young children but some behavior is innate and that certain personality traits are born with you and may be genetic and even can be imaged. A certain area of the brain of a person who is very "social" is larger than that of a person who isn't..

All those words simply mean that some people have always been nice and sensitive to others and some people have always been selfish and demanding. And most people are some of both.

And some behavior is cultural. We can be taught to say please and thank you even if we are a nasty person and we can be taught to say "Move it" even if we are a nice person by growing up in a certain place.

Then there are the mood modifiers of booze and grass and pills

And there are real issues of pain; emotional and physical. and some folks are living with very difficult people and feel trapped because of their age..or didn't plan well or had something awful happen that they don't have as much money now as they'd hoped.

And some people realize that the end of their life is not as far away as it used to be.

I am very pleased you brought up this interesting (to me) topic. Thank you, Joe..

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-24-2015 at 01:38 PM.