View Single Post

Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Oneiric: What it means is that I am not interested in having the use of seat belts forced on me by authorities or people you ride with, say like if you have to double up when playing golf.

Secondly for those people who have been thrown from a cart what was the actual cause, speed, age, infirmity

Third unless you have a three point safety harness you can cause as much harm from that belt tied around your waist

fourth if you have two golf carts going 19 or over hit head on those seat belts are not going to prevent injuries.

Locals are placing pressure o the sheriff because originally the sheriffs were against this issue

People have talked about this issue since i arrived and now we have the POA pushing hard on this issue

so watch what you wish for because the police authorities have no jurisdiction on our multi-modal paths now but push a mandatory seat belt law for carts and viola government intervention

i have always carried complete insurance coverage on my golf cart
And since you don't believe seat belts can save lives or mitigate injuries then you can leave them off your cart.....but I wonder, if you are ever injured seriously, would you be one of those that would sue the other guy? Nobody wears a seat belt in my cart on the golf course, when I leave the course and get in traffic, we both buckle up. If my passenger refuses, I expect him to get out of the cart and call for a ride. So far, no one has refused. But that's me.

Berks County Pennsylvania