View Single Post

Old 02-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I kind of disagree with some of what was said. Some of it, not so much. My childhood was far from Idyllic in terms of my father. From that abuse I decided two things. 1. I was not going to allow him to define who I am, and 2. I would try to make sure no one abused my children like I was abused.
I decided I had two options, I could live as a victim or a survivor. I chose to be a survivor. My Aunt who suffered abuse from her Father chose to be a victim. She had a miserable life.
Whatever happens to you in life your attitude toward it is "chosen" by you, not "foisted "on you.
My daughter has signs on her children's bedroom walls that say "Choose Happy." Even her thirteen year old does most of the time. Well, some of the time.
When you allow someone to upset you or make you miserable, you are giving up your power over your emotions to them.
In answer to Joe's question I have experienced some Villagers to feel entitled. They worked hard all their lives...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. To them I say, "so did I. We all did or we would probably not be here"
If things don't always go as you would like them too, put on your Big Boy/Girl panties... stay calm and carry on.
Hmm. You sound like someone I would like to get to know. Smart, introspective, a deep thinker. I like this.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West