View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
As you might be able to tell if you read the time I posted this, I wasn't able to get to sleep tonight. It doesn't happen every night, but it's been happening occasionally lately. I've never had any problem before...it's new to me.

Anybody have any sage advice or sure-fire miracle tricks to get to sleep when the zzzz's just don't want to come??
Unfortunately (for me) these are the hours that my head just will not shut down and I find myself playing the same old scene over and over, and it's usually something that has annoyed me either that day or in the past. I practice Yoga which encourages deep breathing, sometimes it helps and other times the mind just goes off on it's own.

By the way, I read somewhere that getting up and using a computer or watching TV is even worse for you because the bright light does something or other making it even more impossible to sleep.

If it's a really bad night and I am wandering around the house looking at the time, I do end up taking an Ibuprofen, just one, and that knocks me out.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak