View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I do think it is unfortunate a very large, and growing percentage of American children will never be able to have the Disney experience due to the cost of it. Not sure what the answer is but it is troubling.
I'm not sure that that's because of the ticket prices. Most of the people there have saved for a big family vacation. They pay for airfare and hotels. The Disney hotels are very expensive and yet are always full. When families plan a week long vacation to Disney, they buy multiple park tickets. Only people who live here and have passes go for one day. Those multiple day, multiple park passes give discounts so the majority of the people are not paying the full amount. Many people who vacation there do so on packages that include hotel and food. Again these packages offer discounts. A lot of people also get free or discounted tickets from various time share companies that use them to entice people to take their tours. I really doubt that a lot of people are paying $100 to go there for one day.

I also seem to remember when I first went there around 1976 or so that the admission price was pretty low, but you had to pay for each ride. I wonder what the average person spent and how that relates to forty years of inflation.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.