View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 03:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This morning a new poll reported 57% of Americans think we should send more troops to fight Isis. I'm kind of wondering if the poll question was worded "would you allow deductions taken out of your pay checks, retirement checks, social security checks to pay for another escalation of troops in that area and also pay for what we have already spent"? My guess is that 57% would drop very significantly. The cold war ended because the Soviet Union tried to keep up with our military spending and basically bankrupted themselves. It is my opinion we are doing the same thing. Take the Underware Bomber for instance. They invested in a plane ticket, some crude bomb making material, and one pair of fruit of the looms. How much did we spend on this episode? They spend a thousand we spend a billion. Time is on their side. Any intelligent discussion I've heard is being drown out by saber rattling.

Actually you're correct ( won't be using military power anytime soon) but not because of the way you posed the issue.

Americans can be counted on to never nip an obvious problem in the bud, but rather wait until we have an overwhelmingly threatening problem that's too big for anyone to ignore, no matter how uniformed.

Isis is one example. Iran is another. Poof ... who's worried about a mushroom cloud in DC or NYC when we're talking about social security checks , right?