Thread: Police at gates
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
I think we can have an advantage and a great impact on by knowing our neighborhood & being vigilant at reporting anything out of the ordinary and looking out for each other. Chatting with anyone new about what they are doing in a friendly way lets them know they've been seen.
We have so much positive to be thankful for here and should keep the focus on that. We have an advantage in that we are out and about in our neighborhoods and we are a pretty friendly bunch. We chat and this forum helps keep us informed too. We can and do send a pretty clear message that we care and will look out for one an other. And I believe sooner rather then later most criminals are caught here.

Last year I saw an unmarked pickup parked in our mail drop area. We have an enclosed village of 54 homes and a small mail drop. I asked the man inside if I could help him. He got out and spoke to me and had a
photo ID around his neck and he did have legitimate business here. He was a building inspector. Someone was having an addition. His ID proved that.

I so agree with your post and that is where we have the advantage. We don't work and we aren't stupid.

That is how they caught that burglar about three weeks ago.Someone saw suspicious activity and called the police. They used a helicopter and dogs after he abandoned his car.