View Single Post

Old 02-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoni View Post
When traveling to TV from Michigan , my husbands debit card was hacked and used for two small purchases in Fort Lauderdale. We believe the card was compromised at a Chick Fil A on our way down. We called our bank immediately after seeing the two charges. They cancelled his card, said they would refund the charges, which never happened. Get this, because the charges were made in Florida and we were in the state at our home,in TV, we had to have made them! They called us liars on several phone conversations. It took 3 weeks to get a new card, but in the meantime we opened a new account down here and moved most of our funds to that new account. So having your card hacked could only be the beginning of your problems...
Since it was your debit card, isn't this a problem with your bank and not the cc company? I have never had that happen when my cc was fraud ex. I never use my debit card for anything other than withdrawing cash at bank atm's. You could have your bank account cleaned out, and banks are much slower to recognize and fix cases of fraud.