View Single Post

Old 02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Do you use this with your iPhone? What happens if the battery goes dead? I see people using their cell phone for boarding airlines. My phone is constantly going dead because I forget to recharge it. Guess I would have to train myself to recharge every night.

What if your phone gets stolen or lost? What's to say some smart tech type couldn't hack into the phone?
Yes, I use my iPhone. But, it has to be the new iPhone 6 or 6 plus.

I never let my iPhone go dead....It'll last all day and I plug it in every night, before going to bed. But, if it would go dead, I'd just pull out my credit card and pay as I normally would. Plus, be advised, there aren't that many places that take ApplePay or Google Wallet or any other electronic payment system yet. Around the Villages, it's Walgreen, Paneras, and Winn Dixie, right now. Outside the Villages, it's accepted at McDonalds, Macy's and a host of other stores.

Security....all of your information is encypted on the iPhone; not stored in iCloud or anywhere else. The authorization code to use the card is my fingerprint and only my fingerprint...no other codes for someone to steal and input. Same fingerprint unlocks my iPhone.

Given the alternatives, ApplePay is very secure and most banks are jumping on the bandwagon....

Hope this helps...