View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
We are working on replacing all the lights in our new house with LEDs. Our first was the front lamp post light bulbs and bathroom fixtures, and then we replaced every flood light in the house and lanai with bright bulbs. The LED bulbs come in dimmable and non-dimmable, in different colors (i.e. warm, cool, daylight) and the lumens number is the brightness. (The higher the lumens, the brighter the bulb light.) They are easy to compare, they save energy, last forever, and don't put out the same heat (as the old style standard bulbs).

We are just at a loss as to why you need to go to the expense of replacing the whole fixture when you can get the equivalent of 100W dimmable flood light bulbs (that fill up the eyeball fixture) for about $10+/- apiece.
The above is an excellent question. I look forward to the reply as well.

I have a question about the model you listed as the one you purchased. It is listed as "warm"....my base reference would be when the CFL originally came out it was a bright white un-natural light. Later they became more warm...
with the LCD as stated is a new level of brightness........but how would you describe the color or brightness.

I am interested but do not want or like the bright white.