View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 07:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm painting with the same brush you are. Some of my observations and opinions. Hasidic Jews won't assimilate. They are Americans. Amish sects won't assimilate. They are Americans. Chinatown won't assimilate . They are Americans. Louis Farrakhan and his Nation of Islam won't assimilate. They are Americans. The Creole people won't assimilate. They are Americans. Many Native American people won't assimilate. They are Americans. Gypsies won't assimilate. They are Americans. Your experience shows the Somalis won't assimilate. They are Americans. What exactly is an American anyway? Show me the DNA helix for a real American. My Irish American mother hated the English for what they did to her people. She also hated the Jews, claiming they were Christ killers. Yet her best friend growing up was a Jewish girl and her favorite book was the Diary of Ann Frank. Explain that paradox. My father hated Jews and Blacks for whatever reason he thought plausible. They were both Americans. The Sicilian mobs ran drugs, prostitution, gambling, extortion. They were hated then, they were Americans. Still, today Italian Americans look up to those wise guys. 18 miles from where I live now 60 years ago thousands of German American fifth columnists were encamped and trained for war against our country. Much like the camps we have today where people are training much the same way for the same reason. So, tell me what and who are the real Americans ? The very fabric that makes the tapestry which is the United States today was woven by immigrants
whose only common denominator was the desire to make for themselves a better life, a life that wasn't possible from the countries where they were born.
What you say is true, except every group you mentioned is not a threat to America except the Somali population I addressed in my earlier post.

Its one thing not to assimilate to preserve one's culture its quite another not to assimilate because you hate other culture and desire to destroy it

You also error in your broad brush fo American-Italians. I am 100% Italian and I can tell you my family and friends are not favorably disposed toward this small percentage of our population. I suspect your depiction is a result of Hollywood that often takes editorial license preferring drama over reality. and without boring you with detail let me explain that in my profession I was often threatened by this gang of malcontents but withstood their threats because I wanted to honor the the beliefs my family had and my own moral imperative. Sir I suggest you let go of Hollywood's version for your sake

Personal Best Regards: