View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 AM

I've started a couple of alarm companies, one is Wright Hennepin Security a subsidiary of WH Electric which is now the Nations 22nd largest alarm company competing with the likes of ADT, Floyds, etc. GE has gotten into the alarm business by buying up leading mfg. of alarm equipment and their equipment is very good and reliable. After reaching 10,000 accounts we created our own monitoring center which monitors retail and wholesale accounts. A good test of a monitoring company is to coordinate with the designated law enforcement dispatcher then trip your alarm system and timing the monitoring center's response time to notify the local law enforcement dispatcher. Our dispatchers record was always under one minute. Most monitoring centers use minimum wage employees with little communication skills. Technology is always changing and I've been out of the loop for a few years but am in the process of upgrading my system to report directly to my smart phone. I understand there are a couple of companies with aps to provide this service. Design your system to fit your needs and lifestyle. I have four wireless fobs to remotely arm and disarm the system, extras for neighbors and friends, when upgrades are completed, my smart phone will be the 5th device. Instead of door window or glass bread sensors, I've places motion detectors in every area where a thief may enter the home. I've left most of the motions un-mounted so at night I can redirect or dis-arm the bedroom motion while the rest of the motions remain active. Hope this helps.