View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
Remember, you're buying a house, not a realtor. Each day, there are 18 open houses, that is 18 different agents you can talk to. Do that until you find one that you are comfortable with. There are no 'bad' agents. They never got hired.
Thanks. But I'm not just going to visit open houses. Well in advance of my visit, I will identify a number of homes that fit my preferences using the online sites......both TV and MLS sites. Prices and "value" vary dramatically in this market. That is already obvious to me, so homework is important. In addition to my homework and advance planning, I expect MLS and TV realtors to arrange showings on additional homes (that I couldn't find online) that fit my preferences and are "value" priced. That's why I want quality agents......to do great work on the hunt in a team effort with me. As you may have guessed......I'm a real planner. But this approach to "big events" in life (like house hunting) has generally paid off for me. OK......OCD.....go ahead and say it.....LOL