View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Thumbs down Root Barriers !!!!!!!

This is just a heads up to all those residents who have or intend to plant Queen Palms/Washingtonians near walks or driveways !!!!!!!
Unfortunately, I did and about 3 years later, I noticed my Driveway Lifting at the edges !!!!! I emailed and then had to call the Company that put them in a few times to come out and view. After viewing my concern, they said they had heard that at times that would happen!!!!!!!!! They then suggested I call a different company and have them repair it?? Really !!!!!!! If you are in the business of Planting Palms, you then know the issues relative to feeder roots. Why did you not at time of sale inform me of this issue and provide at a cost, a root barrier system upon planting. Well, to correct the problem from getting worse, I priced it out and it runs about $500 to dig and install a plastic liner about 12-15 inch down for about a length of 15 feet.
Thanks to my neighbor, I bought the supplies locally and he helped me install it--not easy work!!!!! took about 3/4 day.
I know of other neighbors in the neighborhood that have similar problems and used different landscaping company's with no mention of a barrier.