View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
If one does not eat healthy ALL the time....usually, but not always.....is a probiotic recommended? If one has autoimmune conditions, will the probiotics help or aggravate?
Are you familiar with lacteferin in supplement form? Good, bad?
If you usually eat healthy, I don't think you need to worry about probiotics. I make exceptions on occasion and I don't feel I need probiotics.

I'm not sure about autoimmune conditions so I don't feel qualified to answer.
And I'm not familiar with lacteferin.

But I will say this: A healthy immune system depends on having healthy and complete gut flora. This is something that has evolved over hundreds of thousands of years. It's a balance of many types of bacteria, each with their own purpose or task. Taking one certain supplement is unlikely to replace everything that nature put there over eons.

Different types of bacteria compete with each other, like our government with it's checks and balances. So I would think twice about taking one certain supplement over and over. That may actually work against balance.

For people who have severe health issues and want to make sure they have the right balance, there is always the possibility of getting a fecal transplant from a healthy relative.

Last edited by Villages PL; 02-27-2015 at 05:37 PM.