Thread: Cabbage Love!
View Single Post

Old 03-01-2015, 09:16 AM

Me, too. Those cabbages never fail to make me smile.

And, yes, I am one of those Villagers who just loves the plantings we see all around us. I am not trying to be cantankerous. But I must confess that when people want to %#*&@ about those beautiful flower beds, I just get all up in arms and want to write a cantankerous post about how even if you don't like the flowers, stop and think about how those beautiful beds are adding to the value of your house. -- But, oh well, I am not one to be cantankerous, much.

Back to cabbages, now. . .

So anyway, I love those ornamental cabbages. And now, I am going to do a little segue into information on the great-great-grandmother of those cute little things. -- The regular cabbage.

For those of you who are desperately looking for something to read here this morning, I give you a link to a page of cabbage lore and trivia. (Imagine my chagrin when I saw there that I missed World Cabbage Day which was February 17th.)

Here's the link to more than you ever wanted to know about cabbage. (Did you know Babe Ruth put a cabbage leaf under his hat?) -- Just think what a hit you can be at the next party.

You're welcome,
Laurie Clavin

Cabbage Lore and Trivia

Last edited by Laurie2; 03-01-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typos