View Single Post

Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Managem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl
Got the letter today. What the article in the Sun apparently "forgot" to mention is that in addition to the $40 million set aside VLS will also pay the plaintiff class $6,700,000 for attorney's fees and $300,000 for incentive awards to the plaintiffs Class Representatives.

>>> section deleted to save bytes <<<

It was not the POA which commenced the suit.
Do the names Ruth Elaine Dreidame, Richard C. Lambrecht, William E. Gamer, Irving Yedwab and Joseph B. Gorman ring a bell? Well, Joe Gorman is the president of the POA and the others are former officers and/or active membersof the POA. Oh, and they are also the plaintiffs in the lawsuit (and evidently the recipients of $300,000 but I know nothing about that nor do I know of any connection between these 5 individuals and the law firm which is now $6.7mil richer.) No, the POA did not "commence the suit," just the POA president and influential members of that organization.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e