View Single Post

Old 03-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Redwitch, Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I don't care what the law states, It does not relieve the renter of acting in an ethical manner. There are rental homes that allow dogs, and the renter should have chosen one of those homes if they wish to bring their dog with them. Just because you have a need for a service dog does not mean you get to be excused for acting low life sneaky. This is someone's home, that someone might have an allergy or just a strong dislike to animal scents.

Florida bill would make bogus service-animal claims illegal | www.mypalmbeachpost.com
You'll get no argument from me on this particular renter. My gut tells me they didn't tell the agency because they really didn't have a service dog and didn't want to pay a pet deposit. From what was stated by the OP, it doesn't sound like anyone asked for proof that this was a service or emotional support dog. From the sound of it, the AGENCY fell down on its job and did nothing to protect the homeowner.

BTW, a comfort dog has no legal standing in rental contracts. The animal must be a service dog for someone physically or emotionally disabled. A comfort dog does not meet this criteria and can be denied access to a home. Not sure what the law for comfort critters is re public places like restaurants or airports at this time.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein