View Single Post

Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
There are 99,000 deaths per year from hospital infections: If all those people lived in one place that would make up a fairly large size city. Over a period of ten years that would be just a few less than 1,000,000 people. And that's just from infections, there are other issues that cause harm other than infections.

No one is telling anyone not to get tested. And no one is saying that certain tests don't sometimes save lives. I have simply said that colonoscopy and other such invasive scoping tests are not for me. And I have made my decision based on calculations of family history and lifestyle.

Anyone who has a family history of certain health issues and/or lives a standard American lifestyle, should go ahead and get tested, if they so choose. It's an individual choice that adults make for themselves.

I haven't yet seen any concrete proof that there's more benefit than harm from colonoscopies. Of course lives are saved, and that's impressive, but why do we just conveniently forget the harm that's done and the lives that are lost?

Your link is not active.

In my opinion you are wasting your doctor's time and ours too.