View Single Post

Old 03-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
If you really, truly, believe that The Villages are headed for implosion, the best thing you could do would be to sell now. The market is still good at present, so it makes good economic sense. Not trying to push you out, just suggesting the best move under your interpretation of the situation.

I really don't see greed in the Morse family. Are they wealthy - sure. But they seem to be continuing to work in the enterprise. A community like this could have been taken in the direction of exclusivity. While there are some fairly expensive homes in my neighborhood, there are also homes like ours that are middle class affordable. I don't feel, in the least, that I was overcharged for my new home. The developer has continued to provided new town squares, new rec centers, new executive golf courses, and new country clubs as the community has expanded. I don't foresee them abandoning such a long term commitment to The Villages.

No place is perfect for everyone. We've only been here for 3 months, so maybe I'm speaking prematurely, but we think it's a pretty fantastic hometown.
So well put. I think overall the developer and family have done a great job and deserve to reap the financial rewards of their vision and hard work. Is there room for improvement? Yes. But there's room for improvement everywhere.

I'm not even going to complain about the roundabouts anymore. We just got back from a place with few traffic rules and huge roundabouts. Thank God I wasn't driving. Someone would be dead.