Thread: Mortgages
View Single Post

Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
No disrespect taken. I don't know a thing about tortoises but I just hope the college students I taught for over 2 decades don't think that a book for the masses replaces a solid education. After all, no one can take your education away from you...but the masses are asses. Everyone has to do what they are comfortable with but smart choices are not more undesirable just because they are not your choice.

I tried college for a year or so, learned nothing about life or how to make money. I'm now light years ahead of most college graduates. College teaches nothing useful, IMHO. I never read Dave Ramsey's book, but I have listened to him and I found we are very much the same when it comes to common money sense. If we're on the subject of masses are asses I couldn't agree with you more. Neither can the slaveowners. Like I said, most people don't have the discipline that you have or profess to others. Credit card points/ rewards suck in the money wise foolish that need instant gratification to fill a need that only hard work and patience can truly satisfy. When these folks finally realize the chains of debt that have weighed them down for so many of their working years can not support the years we can no longer or don't want to work, it's too late. Their golden years will not be golden. They will not live in comfort, and eventually will become a debt burden on all of us through higher taxes for social services. The banks win, we loose.