View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We haven't been accessed for anything in the eight years we have owned property here. Not ONE penny from the deal we made when we bought.
Gracie, I haven't beem here nearly as long as you so I can't speak from any experience and I am sure you are right (you usually are!).

BUT . . . while there haven't been any assessments, residents have been paying and are paying for things not normally associated with, let's say, normal things.

We have been paying and will continue to pay for the IRS fiasco until maybe in the next century, it will be settled.
We will have to pay for the soil erosion under the bridge. And now -- the damn tree situation!

It also makes me wonder if we are also paying for the widening of 466A (1.8 miles) in the Fruitland Park area where the developer is supposedly paying for the widening of that part of the road. Are "we" really paying for that???

Consequently, since there has not been any special assessment, it would seem that there is a lot of surplus money in the pot, no?
But the real question is why are we, the residents, paying for all these things?