View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Gracie, I haven't beem here nearly as long as you so I can't speak from any experience and I am sure you are right (you usually are!).

BUT . . . while there haven't been any assessments, residents have been paying and are paying for things not normally associated with, let's say, normal things.

We have been paying and will continue to pay for the IRS fiasco until maybe in the next century, it will be settled.
We will have to pay for the soil erosion under the bridge. And now -- the damn tree situation!

It also makes me wonder if we are also paying for the widening of 466A (1.8 miles) in the Fruitland Park area where the developer is supposedly paying for the widening of that part of the road. Are "we" really paying for that???

Consequently, since there has not been any special assessment, it would seem that there is a lot of surplus money in the pot, no?
But the real question is why are we, the residents, paying for all these things?
There has been no assessment for anything in eight years and apparently EVER.

The IRS Fiasco...as you call it was not anything underhanded. We live in a CDD form of government that is only in Florida and we are not the only CDD. The municipal bonds are the issue. The fact that the interest on them was tax free. NOT the bonds on our property. They challenged how the CDD works. It was not some conspiracy to avoid income tax or a way to get away with something that is wrong. If it were it wouldn't have gone one for eight years and three IRS agents without resolution.

We are paying the lawyer because the lawyer is protecting us and the way things are run.

The developer has paid for so many things. He isn't our mom, but widening the road is to their interest in continuing the development in Fruitland Park.

Which keeps people working, which allows people like you and me to move here, which keeps the economy flowing here, which makes money for the developers kids who long ago made more money than they need for all of the things that anyone could want in four lifetimes,,,but still they keep working in very high stress jobs. I would have to guess that the motivation is that this is a history making place, and a good thing, and a matter of pride to them. They don't need any more money...and they must feel a responsibility to the teams they have employed who have stuck with them for years and years. They keep working. Things keep being wonderful and beautiful.

I don't think that in our lifetime, you or I will pay a penny for any assessments.

As Bogie Shooter says. The Morses are self insured.

Don't blame the tree fiasco on The Morses. They had nothing to do with it.

The soil erosion under anything is not their fault either.

They could have geologists stacked on top of engineers and things sink here occasionally.