View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I too am not a big fan of government mandates.

As a private pilot of 40 plus years, I have had to comply with a multitudinous list of rules, regulations and equipment mandates to be allowed to fly. Yet, some of those have probably kept me alive.

Golf carts are not cars but here in the Villages they are being advertised and used as such. Certain equipment items on carts might lead to a safer cart environment at little additional cost. As the Districts are looking at cart safety, apparently something bad is a happening. Many factors come into play so that it’s not always just the pilot or driver at fault.

How do you know how fast you are going without a speedometer?

YOU are gonna love it here. Buy yourself a golf cart...a nice used one or rent one and drive around for a total of three months. Then think of things to help.

Read Dr.Winston Boogie's post and then print it.

Drive very cautiously....People do NOT drive here like we are used to in Ohio. Expect anything, drive very defensively. This time of year, spring break, grandparents toss the keys to their very young grandkids. So far no youngster has been killed or caused a deadly accident, but they have wrecked up their grandparents golf carts.

We love our 22 year old grandson so much that when he asked to take the cart last month, after completing an internship in LA and driving there without incident, we told him no.

Fourteen people have died in golf cart accidents in the last five years. Some of them were liquor fueled. Some of them were lack of experience. All of them were because a golf cart is not an enclosed fortified vehicle.

Join us and be careful. You are a pilot and a smart man. We want to keep you alive and we want you to love this place like we do. Part of the fun is driving a golf cart to the grocery, and to the dentist and doctors, and out to dinner and to the squares and to your friends home and to play golf and pickleball and swim, and bowl and .....well you get the picture.

But get yourself a golf cart. AND be very careful.