View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
My observation of our own cart is that the Villages golf shop set ours to go 20. Most of the time we wern't going 20 but much less because of inclines in the road. The maximum ours would go is 20 but that is only if we were on a totally flat surface with the pedal all the way down. Most of the time we were not on a flat surface. Our cart is now set to go 23 and that seems to keep us at 20 most of the time even when going up a hill. Works for us. Adding a speedometer to our cart makes us much more aware of our speed. Plus we added seatbelts which now I don't know how we ever did without them.
I realize that going up inclines makes a cart go slower, especially if it is electric, as opposed to gas carts, but almost all carts whiz by me!!!.

I always believed in seat belts, for safety reasons and had them installed also.

I have also seen many people flying around curves and edging to the wrong side of the cart path. Geez, would an extra second to one's trip, tilt the world, off it's axis.

I need to get a horn for protection purposes, as I may need to warn someone, they are pulling, a no no.

Sorry doesn't cut it with me if I get hurt, due to someone negligence. We all say we are sorry to see someone get badly hurt but these faster carts need to rein in their speed on certain occasions. If one needs to get somewhere faster, take your car.

OOP's, I forgot. They have to make their tee times. I lost track of what is really important. My bad.................

BTW - Leaving a few minutes earlier would be a excellent idea to make appointments, etc........

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).