View Single Post

Old 03-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I believe that graciegirl is making my point. She and I believe that golf carts are not cars and can be dangerous. She stated that “Fourteen people have died in golf cart accidents in the last five years. Some of them were liquor fueled. Some of them were lack of experience. All of them were because a golf cart is not an enclosed fortified vehicle.”

As far as publicly stating or advertising the use of carts as cars, graciegirl says “Part of the fun is driving a golf cart to the grocery, and to the dentist and doctors, and out to dinner and to the squares and to your friends home and to play golf and pickleball and swim, and bowl and .....well you get the picture.” Almost everyone says this about the use of golf carts in the Villages. Use them as cars.

Maybe I should never have used the word mandatory. So, lets back up a bit. If you could dream or make a wish for an upgrade to your cart that would make it safer for you to use on the intermodal roads, what would that be?

To make our golf cart operations safer should not be looked at as ridiculous.
My look at this is very new and much less experience than most of you. So, I am relying on you to help me decide on the extra equipment that would be good to have to give me the best change of having an enjoyable and safe ride.
Maybe you should just stick with a car as a mode of transportation?