Thread: Powell Road
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I won't get you started (but I would like to!). You are forgeting . . .

We're simply a development living in the middle of horse, cattle, goat, etc. area We live in the "country," if you will.
We don't have a mall or a Costco and we lack many quality things.
Most of our roads are narrow two lane (barely) and practically all are in poor condition.
We live in an area being run by the "good 'ole boys."

So why should we expect anything other than what it is and why should we expect anything different???
BTW, I happen to agree with you.
Yikes! That's a pretty damning view of what most of us believe to be the most beautiful place we've ever lived...and where those of us who consider it home would like to live out the rest of our lives. This paradise exists thanks to the commitment, hard work and sacrifices made by the "good ole boys" to whom you refer.

At the risk of sounding argumentative, those "good ole boys" have been working diligently to satisfy the desires, needs and demands of the rapidly-expanding population here, ergo: the road construction some consider an overwhelming inconvenience.

Don't be discouraged...this roadblock is temporary, unlike those in other parts of the country that seem to continue in perpetuity.