Thread: Powell Road
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bonanza. We have so many wonderful things here. Malls aren't nice anymore. Sam's is good. Good ole boys? Every area is run by locals.

Living in the middle of where horses and cattle live is what our family has done for generations and it hasn't hurt us at all.

We have almost every store that we had in our suburb of Cincinnati.

It is all how anyone looks at things. This is a lovely place to live. Please don't be so unhappy. There are far fewer years in front of us than behind us.

If you are lucky enough to live in The Villages, you are lucky enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Yikes! That's a pretty damning view of what most of us believe to be the most beautiful place we've ever lived...and where those of us who consider it home would like to live out the rest of our lives. This paradise exists thanks to the commitment, hard work and sacrifices made by the "good ole boys" to whom you refer.

At the risk of sounding argumentative, those "good ole boys" have been working diligently to satisfy the desires, needs and demands of the rapidly-expanding population here, ergo: the road construction some consider an overwhelming inconvenience.

Don't be discouraged...this roadblock is temporary, unlike those in other parts of the country that seem to continue in perpetuity.

Yikes, again! Obviously, my post didn't come off as I meant it to be. Gracie, I am not unhappy, but I certainly am more verbal than most, as you well know. {;>) I guess you can tell I could never be a politician because I tell it as it is, unlike most people who will sugar coat things.

No, I don't miss a mall, per se. I would like to see more local shopping, although Orlando is only an hour away. I do miss a Costco even though we have a Sam's. When I mention the roads, I'm not even speaking about the current construction. I am speaking about our two lane country roads that need to be resurfaced, need to be widened, and currently, need the broken edges repaired.

I happen to love all the country animals that are minutes away from us. I wish we could have some of them here! I often pull off the side of the road to watch them. I do find a difference -- a big difference -- in the way things get done here as compared to a larger city. Yes, I'm speaking about the "good 'ole boys." That, however, will never change in my lifetime or for a long time after that, and you really don't want me to expand on this, I'm sure!

No, Justus, you don't sound argumentative. We may not agree on everything, but that's fine. I want to hear a perspective from others; it makes me think!