View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietBern View Post
My husband and I were at Spanish Springs the other day and purchased coffees from Dunkin Donuts. The sun was hot so we decided to seek shade to sit, relax and enjoy our coffee. It was 3:30 pm and some of the chairs were out around the square. We found a shady spot where there were 8 chairs in a row. Only a handful of people on the square so we chose two of these 8 chairs to sit down. We were only there a few minutes when a man appeared with cut up terry cloth rags in his hands, he stood in front of us and just stared us down. We knew what he wanted, after a few minutes my husband told this man that we were not staying for the entertainment, only to relax with our coffee and he should come back a little later. Well, 5 minutes later he's back, putting the rags on the chairs around us and standing there staring at us. Not wanting a confrontation, we left.
That guy's behavior is about as childish as it gets. It's almost sick, knowing that there is live entertainment there 365 nights per year.

First, the chairs should not all be out. Chairs should be handed to people as they walk in, after 4:30pm, as Brownwood did and I think still does. Secondly, event staff should have come to take away the guy's seat marker rags.

This is the kind of behavior that comes when something is offered for free. People HOG it and can't get enough of it for free. Charge them $1 for a seat for the night and they'd have a holy sh** hemorrhage.