View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
We're getting ready to move from Maryland to TV and have a question for the more seasoned Villagers: Did you sell all your furniture or did you move/store it? We're thinking of selling most of what we have and having a decorator furnish a new home for us. Don't think our stuff here in Maryland will look good in TV. And storing it would cost a lot if we decided to just sell it on the other end. Just wondering what most of you did. For the first year, we are renting a furnished home to see if we like TV. Any wisdom you can share is greatiy appreciated. Looking to be in TV by September if all goes well with selling our house.
I think it really depends on how much you like your stuff! In my case, I have had some of mine for so long that i'm getting tired of it. I don't have a strong sense of connection to it and none are family heirlooms. So when I get moved down there I am hoping to start fresh and probably go in a different direction, decorating-wise. But if you have inherited precious family pieces or really love what you have, it may be worth keeping. Like others have said, I have seen many different styles of decorating in TV homes and one is just as lovely as the next. Do what pleases you! But you may want to take into consideration as you said, the cost to store it (not to mention the cost to ship it) and then if you don't keep it, you will have to unload it and probably won't get much of a return for it in Florida. So I would take that monetary factor into account also. Good luck with your decision and the sale of your house!