View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Gracie should know the fact as well as anyone. Let me explain. The VCCDD that is guardian over Janet Tutt's activities is elected thru a landowners election. That District that I speak of has the boundaries of the Spanish Springs downtown area. Since the Developer owns all that downtown area, he is the only voting landowner. Naturally every elected VCCDD official is done thru the graces of the Developer. Janet Tutt's responsibilities are as a Supervisor for the VCCDD. In this role she is involved in all the activities of the VCCDD. This includes the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), the Ammentities Authority Committee (AAC) and nearly every committee that has activities within the District. The VCCDD receives funding directly from the Residents. Often the VCCDD is involved with the purchase of property from the Developer. An example of this is the purchase of various Rec Centers and the Savannah Center. So the potential conflict of interest arises, on one hand the Developer is selling property to the VCCDD, Janet Tutt is the Supervisor of that VCCDD, yet that board is elected by the Developer thru his landowner vote. Developer sells property, how much does VCCDD pay , do we reach a deal, who recommends the purchase, etc etc.
Bottom line, I wouldn't mind being like in a position whereby I wanted to sell something to a particular group (the VCCDD) , and at a huge price, the people who will decide on the purchase (and price) are the same people who I myself alone elected to office and are usually employees of mine.
An accurate and exceptional summation of how the VCCDD works, Warren. However, this thread is about the removal of trees on land they should not be removed from. Evidently the authorities do not know for certain who is the responsible party. Where does conflict of interest come into this situation? Who would Janet Tutt protect?